Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Trainspotting



If you ever find yourself in the New York area during the holiday season, you must (MUST I SAY) check out the New York Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show.

Trains, you say? Yes, I say.

I'm not train buff or fan myself but trains are just a way to get people to the Botanical Gardens. The show is a spectacular display of New York City landmarks created ENTIRELY from plant materials.



The Statue of Liberty with her gown made of corn husks.


The majestic Brooklyn Bridge made of branches, vines and twigs.

When you look at these lovely recreations and actually SEE what you're looking at (acorns, flowers, orange slices) you'll see it really is a creative masterpiece.

I led Monkey Boy's Cub Scout Pack through a tour there last Sunday and even 7 year olds found it cool.

If you get a chance to see it, don't miss it.

1 comment:

Patricia Burroughs aka Pooks said...

Stunning, Rob! Wow.