Sunday, December 25, 2005

Happy Festivus!

Today was quite festive in our house. Christmas and the first night of Hanukah on the same night. How often does that happen?

Since I'm serious suffering from food coma, I thought I might just share a few images of the day.

First up are the menorahs on the traditional Christmas table cloth.



Next is our prized collection of "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" ornaments. These haven't made it onto the tree because the kids have too much fun playing with them.

We're one of those couples who buy ornaments wherever we travel so our tree becomes a travelogue for us.

Our tree fell over earlier this year and we lost some of our dearest, most treasured ornaments.

Of the ones that survived, this is one of my favs since it reminds me of the trip MLB and I took to the Grand Canyon before the kids. We rode the mules down to the bottom of the Canyon and stayed at the Phantom Ranch. I don't think they do the mules these days so we're glad we got to do it when we did.

This chile pepper star is from our trip to San Diego a few years back. A really fun trip and a wonderful city to visit. We were wandering the shops in Old Town one night and spied this ornament. It captured the flavor (pun intended) for us.


Last but not least, here's our happy family in front of the tree.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all!


No comments: